Sofia Vergara is the highest-paid television actress of 2013, according to Forbes. This is the second consecutive time the Colombia-born beauty claims the throne on the business magazine’s annual list.
The Gloria Delgado-Pritchett of ABC’s “Modern Family” is estimated to earn a total of $30 million from June 2012 to June 2013, thanks to the show, her endorsement deals with Diet Pepsi, Covergirl, Rooms to Go and thyroid medicine Synthroid, as well as her Kmart-based clothing line. It’s a huge bump from her total earnings last year ($19 million).
Tied on the second place are “The Big Bang Theory” star Kaley Cuoco and “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” longtime cast member Mariska Hargitay, with $11 million each. They are followed close behind by comedienne Tina Fey, reality star Bethenny Frankel, the Kardashian sisters, Melissa McCarthy and Ellen Pompeo with $10 million apiece.
“How I Met Your Mother” co-stars Cobie Smulders and Alyson Hannigan are slightly below the top ten. The Robin Scherbatsky depicter, who is going to reprise her “The Avengers” role of Agent Maria Hill on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”, lands at No. 11 with $9 million, while Hannigan who plays Lily Aldrin earns an estimated $8 million from the same CBS sitcom to secure the twelfth spot.
Forbes’ List of Highest-Paid TV Actresses of 2013
1. Sofia Vergara, $30 million
2. Kaley Cuoco, $11 million
2. Mariska Hargitay, $11 million
4. Tina Fey, $10 million
4. Bethenny Frankel, $10 million
4. Kim Kardashian, Kourtney Kardashian and Khloe Kardashian, $10 million
4. Melissa McCarthy, $10 million
4. Ellen Pompeo, $10 million
11. Cobie Smulders, $9 million
12. Alyson Hannigan, $8 million
13. Amy Poehler, $7 million
13. Julianna Margulies, $7 million
15. Lena Dunham, $6 million
15. Zooey Deschanel, $6 million
15. Courteney Cox, $6 million
18. Whitney Cummings, $5 million
19. Mindy Kaling, $4 million
20. Kerry Washington, $3 million